Android Developer (f/m/d)
FULL-TIME – IN MUNICH OR REMOTELY
Who are we searching for?
We search for an Android Developer who shares our passion for clean, testable code and intuitive user interfaces. We want somebody who can proactively push projects and teams forward. In teams of 2-5 developers you’d develop Android apps that keep working even under the extreme circumstances in clinics. You will not only learn to write scalable code but also how to lead teams and get the most out of young developers.
This blog article describes pretty well what we consider to be the fundamental attitudes of a great developer.
You can pick if you want to specialize in the Healthcare/Medicine area (quickbirdmedical.com), work on projects for big clients like Lufthansa or Caterpillar, or build apps for fast-growing, transformative startups.
We’re a team of 24 people based in Munich developing mobile apps & web apps for customers in the area of medicine and healthcare. We are fundamentally driven by two things:
1. building health software that truly helps people
2. developing those products the right way – based on great software engineering practices while pushing the state of the art forward (check our Blog and GitHub)
If you align with those values, we would love to hear from you.
Developers at QuickBird burn with their technical passion. The company was founded by two developers – that spirit is part of our DNA.
Based on the use case, our apps either follow a MVVM or MVI architecture (implemented using Kotlin coroutines and flows). We use Kotlin as a programming language in all of our apps. You can find more infos about our concepts on our GitHub-Page or our Blog (160k readers 🔥).
As a young agency we continuously work on new, exciting projects. You will usually work on completely new apps without fighting 10-year old code-bases. We never had a developer we could not push to their technical limits.
With every new team member this unit test must still pass:
- At least 1 year (4-6 years for a Senior) experience with native Android development
- Experience with Kotlin Coroutines, MVI and MVVM is a plus
- Up-to-date with current Android development trends
- Developed at least one Android app from scratch
- Willing to help team mates and to learn from them
- Openness for new concepts and criticism
What we offer
- A very ambitious, talented team of 24 developers and designers
- Opportunity to make an impact: work on health projects that change people’s lives for the better
- Personal mentor and environment to help you learn fast
- Lots of team events like hiking, go-carting, beer garden evenings, sledging, hackathons etc.
- Ability to implement your own ideas (e.g. as open-source projects)
- Learning budget for conferences and trainings each year
- Office at the heart of Munich at Stiglmaierplatz
- Ability to work from home or remotely
- Personal training on how to write technical blog posts and how to speak at developer conferences & meetups
- Paid overtime: we value work-life-balance and if you really decide to work more, you’ll get paid for that (or get additional holidays)
- Full relocation support if you are coming from abroad (help with Visa, getting a flat, finding new friends etc.)
If you have a CV ready, applying takes you only two minutes.
We do not need a polished cover letter from you. We are most excited about the stuff you worked on, the side projects you pursued and the products you’ve built. Just fill out the short form, and we’ll be in touch!